Easy Gluten Free & Low Calories Tiramisù
Read this post in Italian
Do you know Tiramisù. I’m sure, you do.
It’s a typical Italian dessert made by zabaione, mascarpone, coffee (sometimes liquor) and savoiardi (or, even pandispagna)
Unfortunately it is full fat and you can’t eat so often.
But I like it so much…
So I made a low calories Tiramisù version! An Easy-Peasy and Speedy Tiramisù!
It doesn’t have eggs (so you don’t have to pasteurize them!) and mascarpone, replaced by greek yogurt.
You have to sweeten the yogurt with condensed milk, but you can use the quantity you prefer.
In this way I can have my dessert with no guilt feelings. Isn’t it wonderful?
So, try it, and let me know if you like this version!
So, let’s start!
Tips & Tricks for a Gluten Free & Low Calories Tiramisù
- Classic Tiramisù has mascarpone and eggs. In this recipe, which is low calories,there are no mascarpone and no eggs. Mascarpone has been replaced by greek yogurt and condensed milk (the quantity is at your choice).
- Classic Tiramisù is made by “savoiardi” which are semi soft cookies. Gluten Free Savoiardi Are not always so good, so it’s better use an Italian sponge called “Pan di Spagna“. It’s a cake without butter, whose fluffy texture is due to wisked eggs.
- It’s better to pasteurize the eggs. If you don’t know how to do, HERE, you can find an easy method: But in this version there is no eggs, so the problem is solved! 😉
- In this recipe there is no mascarpone, but only greek yogurt, for this reason I used coffee and milk.
→ If you want to convert grams in cups, HERE you can do the convertion.
Easy and Low Calories Tiramisù
An Italian dessert, but made easier and low calories.
- 350 g greek yogurt
- 50 g condensed milk or more
- 5 big gluten free savoiardi
- 2 little cups of coffee Italian coffee, espresso
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tspi sugar
- cocoa powder
Add greek yogurt and condensed milk to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until whipped. Set aside.
Combine the milk, espresso and sugar in a small bowl.
Put savoiardi into serving glass on the bottom of the glass.
Using a brush, lightly coat the savoiardi with the espresso mix being careful not to get them too wet.
Spread on yogurt mixture and dust the top with cocoa.
Freeze for 30-40 minutes or refrigerate for a couple hours (or overnight). Serve with a generous dusting of cocoa powder.
If you like my recipe Follow Me on Facebook